I am shamelessly stealing the idea (and the title) for this post from Yarn Harlot’s blog. When I don’t have any meaty content to make up an entire blog post, but have some tidbits to share, labeling the post as ‘random’ makes great sense. So, randomly, here is what I have been up to.
1. The first design of the year is off the needles, blocked and ready for test knit. A half-circle shawl with colorwork and it turned out beautiful, if I say so myself. I will be posting a call for test knitters on my group in the next few hours.
2. I took a day off work on Friday (which was a big deal for me, since I don’t take leave unless for a very good reason) to chill off. I made it a sewing day and completed my first sewing FO of the year. I followed the Kristin Link’s Craftsy class and made the Drawstring Bag. It turned out better than I expected. Post on that coming soon.
3. I also started my first quilt. I decided to tackle the herringbone quilt and decided to make my squares not too tiny. I cut out and sewed 6 squares so far. 18 more to go.
4. There are too many ‘firsts’ in this post.
5. I bought myself a new rotary cutter and a self-healing mat from Pony since I wanted to do some serious sewing/quilting. Turns out I am not so good at cutting. My blade cuts at some places and leaves the fabric uncut at some. I am blaming it on my not possessing a quilting ruler. So, that is next on my shopping list. Unfortunately, Pony doesn’t stock it (yet) and I don’t know where to find one in India.
Randoms and firsts are always so good to keep things fresh and interesting. Looks like you’re off to a great start. Can you find quilting rulers online? I can’t cut precisely without mine. I use the non-slip Omnigrid rulers and a rotary cutter from Olfa.