As part of technical editing, I offer these services:
- Gauge is noted correctly
- Stitch count yields the specified size
- Stitch count is correct after every decrease/increase
- Chart is correct and yields the desired end result
- Formatting is consistent.
- All rows and rounds are noted correctly
- Capitalization, punctuation and units are consistent
- Header and footer are consistent
- All supplies are listed
- Gauge is provided for stockinette stitch and any other stitch patterns used.
- All abbreviations are listed
- Yarn requirement is specifiIed for all sizes
- All chart symbols are listed
TURNAROUND TIME and RATES:
Depending on my work load and the complexity of the pattern, I would need anywhere between 1-3 weeks to tech edit a pattern. I prefer to have at least a week to do a thorough job, but if you are in a hurry, then we can work things out.
I am new to tech editing and still in the process of building up my portfolio, so I offer my tech editing services for the first pattern for free. We can arrive at a rate for future designs, if you wish to work with me. If you are looking for a tech editor, do contact me.
Here are some of the patterns that I have edited.
- Lavanda by Elena Nodel
- Paravel Wrap by Megan Goodacre
- Arimono Shawl by Megan Goodacre
- Galiano Vest by Megan Goodacre
- Smockerie by Toby Roxane Barna
- Dreaming Ondine by Marina Orry